Monday 23 March 2015

You must visit this website!

I got very excited this week as I have discovered the sewing version of Ravelry, and it is a wonderful thing.
I will confess that I love Ravelry, it tends to be one of the first (and often the only) place I go to browse knitting patterns, read reviews, and to generally snoop (admire) other people's projects. I've often thought that it's a shame that there isn't something similar for sewing... Well now there is!!
Ladies and gentlemen.... 

                 My Sewing Circle

It's free to join, just a quick sign up and you're off!!


 It follows the same sort of format as Ravelry, it is also international, and it allows you to share your own sewing projects and to snoop those of others.


 I promptly signed up and have already begun to add recent sewing projects. You can enter pattern, fabric used, yardage, and add any working notes to the page. Photos show up in thumbnails along the side but when you click on them you can see them in all their glory and scroll through the album.


 It has a pattern library where you can search for different patterns (I searched immediately for dresses.. Of course). There is no option to buy patterns online in the same way you can on Ravelry, but theses are very different kinds of patterns. They do give you all of the packet information you need to plan a project. And in the 'my sewing room' page you can open projects and gradually update them from start to finish.


 There's even a fabric directory (search here is specific to fashion print cottons, yes it is that specific), just to help with all of your project planning needs... Window shopping at its most indulgent.


 And my favourite part... Snooping the finished projects!! Again here you can search for a particular pattern you would like to see, of just dresses, or trousers, or tops... Oh the list just keeps going on! I am hooked already, my evenings will now be spent browsing, and my finished items will be appearing on here post haste (just in the same way my knits do on Ravelry).

It's a great website which I hope will continue to grow and grow... And maybe a sewing tips and techniques page could be organised at some stage? Or have I just missed it in all my excitement?

I will stress that I have received no prompting for this review and no reward... I just got really excited and wanted other people to be able to join in the fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment