Sunday 19 April 2015

Parcels of wonderfulness

I've got a new project in the planning stages... This makes me very excited. I've had my eye on the pattern 'Your Victory Jumper' since I first ventured into the world of Ravelry, but I never felt confident enough to do it justice. I mean it's just so cute, with its little waves of colour, just a little bit of lacework. What's not to like.

 
It was the lace and colour changes that intimidated me, well, terrified me. But since finding out how easy it can be when I made the Nurmilintu shawl, it feels a good time to give it a go.
Normally I err on the side of budget when I buy my wool, mostly browsing ebay for a bargain. Not this time, I've lusted after this jumper for so long I want it to be special. The colours have to be just right, and the yarn lovely and soft. So I decided to ignore ebay and check out other internet sources. I found the perfect 3ply combination on loveknitting.com, it's a cascade heritage in a navy, wine red, and cream which are just yummy. To my surprise, not much more expensive than ebay... Go on.. I told myself... This will be an amazing jumper! 
I am so glad I did, I love these guys now.
The parcel turned up in 2 days (the cream is coming from America, which they've told me about and I'm expecting it this week), and the hanks came in a gorgeous little organza bag...

 
That was a wonderful touch, I thought. So I dive in to give my new yarn as smush (which we all know is the softness test), and yes it feels like silk, with such rich colours that I'm in love! But what do I find when I open the bag?

 
They sent me little sweets too!!! I'd like to point out my camera refuses to capture the lushness of the colours, so they look really dark here... But sweets!!!

 
It says on the invoice 'packed with love' and you know what.... I believe them!

No comments:

Post a Comment